A downloadable minor atrocity for Windows and macOS
(There was a successful Kickstarter campaign for this game, so please check it out!)
This is the page for the Demo for 'I Have Low Stats But My Class Is "Leader", So I Recruited Everyone I Know To Fight The Dark Lord', or 'IHLSBMCILSIREIKTFTDL' for short.
You primarily play as the main character Josephine, fated to defeat the Dark Lord. However, as she's generally unskilled in combat, she recruits literally everyone in her hometown to fight enemies with a party of 99 characters!
- Nearly 100 characters to recruit and use!
- A decent variety of skills and equipment for each character!
- 24 different elemental types, from Slashing and Fire to Legal and Financial damage!
- Plenty of status effects! Become Absolved, drown in Bloodlust, and deal with Allergies!
- No leveling system; with so many characters, that's just excessive!
- Rather than an open world, have a simple level-based world map! Never worry about missing out on anything!
- Really, just dreadfully long boss fights! (I'm still working on making them better; the first iteration was worse if you can believe)
- Puns! Mostly relegated to item descriptions and such, but if that's a selling point for you then great!
Please use the Discussion Board linked to on this page, contact me on Twitter at @DeveloperDamien, or email me at email@example.com.
Latest Update 10/2/18:
-Level rewards added! Some levels give items and equipment upon completion!
-Simple tutorials added! Please let me know what sorts of information you want added beyond this.
-Fixed some bugs with status effects & game loading errors.
Previous Update 9/18/18:
-4 more levels; all of World 1 is complete! There are some bugs and alterations I plan to make to cutscenes and such, but the core is there and playable.
Focus for next update: More levels, updated skill animations, status/skill effect clarity.
Noted for future updates:
Lots of art changes. It will look much uglier as development continues.
Lots of sound and music changes. It will sound much worse as development continues.
Different text for each character regarding the hat.
Swapped out the placeholder text boxes with actual information.
Expanded different recruitment dialogue regarding who's already in the party.
Bosses and status effects will eventually be re-balanced so multiple rounds of combat are required.
The game is currently not accepting payment, as I'm gearing up to set up a proper Early Access model, so please be on the lookout for that!
1. Once the file has finished downloading, unzip the folder.
2. It should ask you where to extract the game folder to. Pick someplace where you'll remember the game is (My Documents, for example).
3. Once that is finished, open the 'IHLSBMCILSIREIKTFTDL' folder.
4. Double-click on 'Game.exe'.
- IHLSBMCILSIREIKTFTDL, Post 001Oct 11, 2017