IHLSBMCILSIREIKTFTDL Beta Test
A downloadable minor atrocity for Windows and macOS
(There's currently a Kickstarter campaign for this game, so please check it out!)
This is the page for the Open Beta Test for 'I Have Low Stats But My Class Is "Leader", So I Recruited Everyone I Know To Fight The Dark Lord', or 'IHLSBMCILSIREIKTFTDL' for short.
You primarily play as the main character Josephine, fated to defeat the Dark Lord. However, as she's generally unskilled in combat, she recruits literally everyone in her hometown to fight enemies with a party of 99 characters!
- Nearly 100 characters to recruit and use!
- A decent variety of skills and equipment for each character!
- 24 different elemental types, from Slashing and Fire to Legal and Financial damage!
- Plenty of status effects! Become Absolved, drown in Bloodlust, and deal with Allergies!
- No leveling system; with so many characters, that's just excessive!
- Rather than an open world, have a simple level-based world map! Never worry about missing out on anything!
- Really, just dreadfully long boss fights! (I'm still working on making them better; the first iteration was worse if you can believe)
- Puns! Mostly relegated to item descriptions and such, but if that's a selling point for you then great!
Please use the Discussion Board linked to on this page, contact me on Twitter at @DeveloperDamien, or email me at email@example.com.
Latest Update 8/4/18: Altered most of the art, added furnishings, set up a world map, some skill bugs fixed, some frame rate optimizations for combat.
Focus for next update: More levels!
Noted for future updates:
Lots of art changes. It will look much uglier as development continues.
Lots of sound and music changes. It will sound much worse as development continues.
Different text for each character regarding the hat.
Swapped out the placeholder text boxes with actual information.
Expanded different recruitment dialogue regarding who's already in the party.
Bosses and status effects will eventually be re-balanced so multiple rounds of combat are required.
I may be doing a Kickstarter or some other fundraising event soon in order to finish development on this project, so please keep an eye out for that!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- IHLSBMCILSIREIKTFTDL, Post 001Oct 11, 2017